Visual Studio Code Name “Orcas” delivers on Microsoft’s vision of smart client applications by enabling developers to rapidly create connected applications that deliver the highest quality rich user experiences. With Visual Studio Code Name “Orcas” organizations will find it easier than ever before to capture and analyze information so that they can make effective business decisions. Visual Studio Code Name “Orcas” enables any size organization to rapidly create more secure, manageable & reliable applications that take advantage of Windows Vista and the 2007 Office System.
Improve Developer Productivity
In Visual Studio Code Name “Orcas”, developer productivity doesn’t end with the code editor and wizards. By extending this concept to application architectures and the underlying platform, Visual Studio Code Name “Orcas” delivers not only a productive development tool but also enables developers to tackle new business problems while decreasing the total cost of solution construction. In Visual Studio Code Name “Orcas” developers, designers and database professionals will see new tools and frameworks become available to simplify their tasks.
- Delivers innovative new programming language features, such as those found with in the .NET Language Integrated Query (LINQ)
- Enables designers and developers to work together more effectively than ever
- Enable Web developers to quickly build applications with the broadest possible reach and a rich, browser based client experience
Employ the Latest Technologies
As users look for new ways of comprehending and retaining information developers must still grapple with basic desktop and application security. Visual Studio, Windows Vista and the 2007 Office System enable you to deliver a safe, robust and compelling user experience in any type of application.
- Give your applications a fresh look and your users a better view of their data with Windows Vista and the Aero style guidelines
- Create compelling new applications and experiences with the Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation, and the Windows Workflow Foundation to create compelling new applications and experiences